Quick, easy, hearty and delicious, these skillet cooked BBQ meatballs are sure to be a family favorite.
1lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cloves minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste.
1 cup BBQ sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
1. Combine all ingredients (except bbq and orange juice) and shape into 1 inch balls.
2. Cook at 375 for 30 minutes in a well seasoned and oiled cast iron skillet.
3. Douse in (about 1 cup) of your favorite BBQ sauce mixed with 1/4 cup orange juice and allow to simmer for a few minutes until sauce is warm.
4. Serve hot!
This hearty quiche is only accidentally vegetarian. It’s so good, I never add any meat because it’s filling enough without it.
Garden Fresh Breakfast Quiche
1 1/2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 minced garlic cloves
5-6 basil leaves
1 diced jalapeño
4 red potatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup cheddar cheese
1⁄4 cup milk
1⁄2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup salsa
salt and pepper to taste
grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Line the bottom of your seasoned cast iron skillet with the potato slices.
3. Place in oven for now.
4. Sauté onions and garlic, then add broccoli florets, jalapeños, basil, salt and pepper.
5. Whisk together the cheese, milk, sour cream, salsa, and the eggs in a large bowl.
6. Mix in the sautéed vegetables.
7. Pour into skillet.
8. Sprinkle more cheese and Parmesan on top.
9. Bake for 45 minutes or until eggs reach desired consistency. *Other options include topping with tomatoes and basil or adding your favorite breakfast meats.
It’s almost midnight, so here’s our late night snack!
4 Campari tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
2 garlic cloves
1/2 small red onion
1 tbsp olive oil
6-8 slices bacon
8 slices Italian bread
4 slices provolone
Lots of butter
Directions: Start cooking your bacon. I prefer in the cast iron, in the oven at 350 until your preferred doneness. Dice up tomatoes, basil, garlic, and red onion, toss with olive oil in a small bowl and set aside. Grill your bread in a hot cast iron with lots of butter. Place a slice of provolone onto a piece of the grilled bread, top that with the mix, drizzle with balsamic, add two slices of bacon and top with second piece of grilled bread.
Do this til’ you’ve made all the sandwiches you want.
5oz package spinach
15 oz already cooked chicken
Handful of garlic cloves
Handful of olives
Sauté garlic cloves in olive oil. Add spinach leaves and chicken, and cook until spinach is wilted. Boil a package of fettuccine noodles, drain and combine with one 15oz jar of Alfredo sauce and the spinach/chicken. Transfer to cast iron, top with mozzarella. Bake at 350 until cheese is bubbly.
I love cooking in the cast iron. This morning for breakfast we made #castiron cheeseburger tots.
Brown and drain one lb. hamburger meat.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix with equal part (thawed) tater tots and 1 cup or so of cheddar cheese.
Can be cooked in the oven @ 375 until cheese is bubbly, or over a campfire until done.