This hearty quiche is only accidentally vegetarian. It’s so good, I never add any meat because it’s filling enough without it.
Garden Fresh Breakfast Quiche
1 1/2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 minced garlic cloves
5-6 basil leaves
1 diced jalapeño
4 red potatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup cheddar cheese
1⁄4 cup milk
1⁄2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup salsa
salt and pepper to taste
grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Line the bottom of your seasoned cast iron skillet with the potato slices.
3. Place in oven for now.
4. Sauté onions and garlic, then add broccoli florets, jalapeños, basil, salt and pepper.
5. Whisk together the cheese, milk, sour cream, salsa, and the eggs in a large bowl.
6. Mix in the sautéed vegetables.
7. Pour into skillet.
8. Sprinkle more cheese and Parmesan on top.
9. Bake for 45 minutes or until eggs reach desired consistency. *Other options include topping with tomatoes and basil or adding your favorite breakfast meats.