First, let me show you how it all turned out then we can get to the good part.
I replaced the knobs with round copper ones and we took out the bottom drawer and two copper baskets fit in the spot perfectly.
I fill them with blankets. The most important part of this project I would say was replacing the glass with chicken wire.
It was actually very easy.
The glass was held in with rubber edges so after pulling them off, the glass came right out.
After that, a roll of chicken wire and a stapler goes a long way.
Please take our advice and make sure you have the chicken wire going the right direction the first time. Haha!